Fat Injections / Fat Grafting
Fat Injection also called Fat Grafting is a procedure that transfers fat from one area of the body (usually thighs, buttocks, or hips) to another. This procedure is usually used to improve signs of aging, most commonly in the face. It can be used to increase volume in thinning lips, smooth small wrinkles and creases, and restore fullness in the cheeks. Grafting Rejuvenation has also been used in other areas of the body such as the arms, buttocks, and hands. This procedure is for those seeking to improve signs of aging in the face, or increase fullness in various areas of the body.
There are a wide number of techniques used to obtain optimal results for this kind of procedure. The best approach will be determined for you by your body structure, the condition of your skin.
Am I a good candidate for Fat Injections?
One or more of the following may indicate you are a good candidate for fat grafting;
- You are in good physical condition
- You are bothered by the thinness of your lips due to heredity or age
- You have small creases around your lips and mouth
- You have loose skin and a sunken look in the cheeks
- You have a tired, angry or sad expression regardless of how you feel
- You have a good bone structure and retain some skin elasticity
- You wish to increase the volume of your buttocks, arms, hands, or another area of the body without using implants
- Our Doctors will conduct an examination and discuss with you your expected outcome and determine whether your desires can realistically be achieved. You must come prepared to discuss your full medical history, including any medical conditions, previous surgeries or treatments, drug allergies, current medications, and use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal substances.
Medical conditions: This procedure is not recommended for those with diabetes, heart problems, or a weak immune system. These factors can complicate this procedure and interfere with optimal recovery.
Expectations: It is important that you realize that grafting rejuvenation will increase volume and improve signs of aging, but does not stop aging. It is not a permanent procedure. This procedure must be for your happiness, and not to please others.
Surgery and Recovery
Grafting rejuvenation is commonly an outpatient surgery, performed with general anesthesia or local anesthesia and sedation. After a few hours recovery you will be permitted to go home. You will be given detailed information from Dr. Loghmanee or Dr. Cerio detailing normal symptoms, signs of complication and instructions for recovery.
Depending on the area where the procedure was performed, you should feel fine and be back to your normal routine within a few days after the procedure. The surgical site will be tender to the touch at first, and you must avoid straining, bending, lifting and other strenuous activity for a few days. Slight bruising or swelling may occur, but typically resolves itself within two weeks. If grafting rejuvenation was performed using incisions this will cause more pain, bruising, swelling, and a longer healing period. Dr. Loghmanee or Dr. Cerio will recommend follow up visits to evaluate your healing process. It is important to follow your doctor’s orders for the best outcome.