Botox® Cosmetic is one of the most popular cosmetic procedure performed today and is considered a safe, effective way of treating aging skin. Originally developed to treat patients with certain muscular disorders, it is now most commonly used to treat the visual signs of aging by reducing or removing wrinkles. Proven to be the best non-surgical form of facial rejuvenation, injections include horizontal forehead furrows, vertical lines between the eyebrows and the “crow’s feet” around the eyes.
Am I a good candidate for Botox® Treatments?
One or more of the following may indicate you are a good candidate for Botox® Cosmetic;
- Excessive facial wrinkles.
- Large wrinkles or furrows in your forehead.
- Small wrinkles or “crow’s feet” around your eyes.
- A vertical “frown line” between your eyebrows.
- Other uses include: treating migraines, TMJ, platysma bands on the neck, excessive sweating of hands, feet and underarms
- General Procedure
How does Botox® Treatments work?
Botox® Cosmetic works to relax the contraction of muscles by blocking nerve impulses and altering the facial muscles beneath the skin that are related to wrinkles. Fewer muscle contractions means your wrinkles will relax, soften and smooth out. The effects from this treatment will last for several months after which patients may choose to repeat the procedure.
What is the recovery process for Botox® Treatments?
Generally you will be able to resume normal activities immediately after the procedure, however, following these post-procedure guidelines will greatly reduce the recovery period;
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the injected area for at least 24 hours
- Avoid heavy physical exercise
- Do not use cosmetics on the treated area